Invite Mario and Luigi to your next party! The Mario Brothers are a huge hit with both kids and adults and their many popular video games have created a huge fan base. So don’t be surprised if your child wants a Mario birthday party! Use this Mario party guide to host a “super” Mario birthday party!
Order your Super Mario Brothers party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
- Link to official Nintendo Mario Brothers website. Look for free downloads of printable stickers and iron-on transfers.
Here are ways to design the invitation yourself:
- Use a photo of the Mario Brothers from the internet and wording like this:
- Get Powered Up for a Birthday Bash!
- It’s Guaranteed to be a Smash!!
And we found this mushroom postage stamp that would look great with your invitations:
- Choose red, green and yellow as the colors for streamers, balloons, and table covers.
- Hang large yellow stars over the table and draw on two long oval eyes.
- Use one or two of the Super Mario Brothers stand-up figures and add the Super Mario Brothers removable wall decorations.
- Tie a balloon to the back of each chair, and tie a group of five balloons to the birthday child’s chair. I usually get a shaped mylar balloon as one of the five balloons.
- Use washable black markers to draw a big Mario and Luigi style mustache on each guest as they arrive. Girls may like having a mustache, but just in case a few do NOT, have some crowns for them to wear just like Princess Peach.
The ages of your guests are a big factor in choosing games. Kids ages 9 yrs old and up may prefer to stage a MarioKart contest on your game system. younger kids will enjoy the activities listed further below.
Here’s how to organize the MarioKart contest:
- Divide the kids into two teams called Team Mario and Team Luigi. Have solid red t-shirts for Team Mario and solid green t-shirts for Team Luigi. Borrow extra controllers so that four kids can race together at a time and make a chart to keep track of the winners.
- Award different points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. Have all the 1st place drivers compete against each other for the final race, and have all the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place drivers do the same. This will make sure that everyone gets to race at least twice.
- Add up all the points to determine the winning team. Hand out Super Mario Brothers sports water bottles to all the guests for participating.
- Add a Super Mario Brothers pinata filled with gold foil covered chocolate coins.
Mario Brothers Party Games for Ages 8 and Younger:
- Yoshi’s Egg Hunt – Send all the kids out to find one Yoshi Egg and bring it back without breaking it.
- Yoshi Egg Race – Have all the children race while holding their Yoshi Egg in a spoon.
- Yoshi Egg Toss – Divide the kids into pairs and have them toss both eggs to each other. If they both catch the eggs safely, take one step back and toss again. When an egg falls to the ground and breaks, that pair is out of the game.
Pin the Nose on Luigi – Blow up a photo of Luigi and black out his nose with a marker. Cut out lots of noses from tan colored paper and let the party guests try to attach it on the correct spot while blindfolded. Double-sided tape on the back of the nose works well for this game. A matching Super Mario Brothers pinata is always a hit with the kids! Use gold foil chocolate coins to fill the piñata.
- The Mario Brothers are Italian, so serve pizza, pasta, breadsticks and string cheese sticks.
- Mario Mushroom Cupcakes – Use a white cake mix to bake the cupcakes. Then cover with red frosting and top with white chocolate chips for the spots.
- Directions and photos to make a Mario Brothers Birthday Cake
- Mario Brothers Mushroom Cake
- Make sugar cookies shaped like stars and frost them with yellow icing to look like Invincible Stars.
Order complete Super Mario party favor sets to take the stress out of planning the favor bags! I suggest adding gold foil chocolate coins and this really cute Super Mario Brothers Mushroom candy tin.
We haven’t seen any personalized party supplies for the Mario Brothers theme, probably because the licensing fee would be too expensive. We’ll keep looking and update this tab in the future, if legitimate personalized items become available.