Here’s a fun way to host a spa party at home for your daughter and her friends! This spa birthday party guide has recipes for homemade spa treatments, spa invitations and spa party favors. This popular party theme for girls ages 9 and up works for a sleepover party or club activity as well as a birthday party.Order your Spa Party party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
Popular Spa Party Supplies:
Take a look at these personalized Spa Party invitations:
- Decorate with balloons and streamers in soft colors that match your party supplies.
- Play soothing background music such as ocean waves or instrumental music.
- Put all your mirrors in the main party room.
- Create a spa basket for each girl that includes a stretchy cloth headband, washcloth, hand held mirror and toe separators for applying nail polish.
- Stand all your nail polish choices on a small tray.
- Gather foot tubs for the girls to soak their feet. Large plastic bowls or plastic storage boxes could work.
- Buy a few teen magazines for the guests to look through while lounging between stations.
Depending on your budget, you may want to hire a local nail technician to come to the party and provide mini-manicures and mini-pedicures for the guests. Or you can hire local teen girls to apply the polish.
Spa Stations – Set up three separate areas for the spa activities. Have one area for the girls to make their own beauty products, another area to apply facials, and an area for doing manicures and pedicures.
- Choose one or more of these recipes for a homemade facial . Let the girls mix the ingredients and apply to their face.
- Choose from these recipes for homemade sugar scrubs for hands and feet . Have the girls make a sugar scrub and apply it to their hands and feet. They may also enjoy soaking their feet in warm water and this recipe for a Foaming Honey Foot Bath .
- When their hands and feet are clean and dry, it’s time to apply nail polish. Using a foam toe separator will make polishing toes easier. Find them at drug stores and discount stores. If any polish lands outside the lines, dip a cotton swab in nail polish remover and wipe off the stray polish.
If you have time, let the girls make more home spa products. Here are recipes for spa treatments to make and take home such as lip gloss and bath soaks. Supply empty bottles or plastic bags for the guests to store their finished products. You will need small lip gloss containers with lids.
- Plan a light and healthy menu such as a fresh vegetable platter with a dipping sauce, fresh fruit and cheese tray, and a dessert that features fruit. See the two suggestions below for fruity desserts.
- Fruit Parfaits – Set out bowls of sliced berries, cubes of angel food cake, vanilla pudding and strawberry sauce. Let the girls layer the ingredients in a clear bowl to make their own parfait.
- Chocolate Fondue – Serve the melted chocolate with whole strawberries and marshmallows.
- Drinks with caffeine are not usually included in a spa experience, so offer fruity herbal tea (hot or iced), water with lemon slices and sparkling white grape juice.
- Use a shaped cake pan to make a special birthday cake at home.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies