A Rock Star party theme is the perfect choice for kids who love music and singing, or if they have a favorite performer. Let your child and friends party like a rock star!
Order your Rock Star party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
Popular Rock Star Party Supplies:
- Design the invitations to look like a concert ticket.
- Or use a photo of a rock star and wording like this:
- Rock the House at [name]‘s Birthday Party!
- For One Night Only! [Date and time]
- At [your last name] Auditorium: [party address]
- Reserve Your Seat Today by Calling: [your phone number]
- Take a look at these personalized Rock Star Party invitations:
- Roll out the red carpet! Use a temporary “red carpet” (which is usually a roll of red plastic) leading to your front door so guests feel special as they arrive.
- Add balloon bunches on either side of the party entrance.
- Hand out a “backstage pass” to each guest as they arrive. Make them yourself ahead of time or simply order a bag tag for each child with their name on it. Add a lanyard and it can be worn around the neck during the party. At my dd’s party, the lanyard was a length of bright colored cord from Home Depot, and cost less than $4 for a large spool, which was more than enough cord to make fifteen lanyards. These were a big hit.
- Make a large sign and hang it on the door leading to the party room that says “No One Admitted Backstage Without a Pass – NO EXCEPTIONS!”
- Inflatable guitars
- Glow sticks
- Disco ball
- Hang silver star cutouts from the ceiling and print a guest’s name on each one.
- Hang clear twinkle lights around doorways and windows.
- Lots and lots of neon colored balloons.
- Print out copies of this Rock Star Scrapbook and let the kids fill them in while you wait for all the guests to arrive.
- Pop Star Dressing Room – Provide temporary tattoos and stick on gems, bead necklaces and sunglasses, and clip on neon hair extensions. For older kids, add makeup and eyeliner, body glitter and spray on hair color (purple is usually popular.)
- Rocker Bracelets – Provide leather-look bracelets and stick on jewels, and let each guest decorate one to wear.
- Let the guests decorate their own guitar shape cut from poster board, and then jam out to some music with the guitars.
- Play Freeze Dance to rock music.
- Set up a contest with Guitar Hero or Rock Band and let everyone have a turn. Award a small prize to the winners.
- Use a karaoke machine and let the kids take turns performing a song, either in groups or solo, whichever they prefer.
- Music Video – Film the kids performing to their favorite songs, and play it back on the TV.
- Name Those Lyrics – Before the party, check with your child for a list of songs the guests are likely to recognize. Then pull the lyrics for these songs from online and be ready with at least 15 different lines of lyrics. At the party, read one line of lyrics and see who can identify the correct song title first.
- And don’t forget a piñata!
Choose fun party favors like:
- Microphone or inflatable guitar
- Temporary tattoos
- Pop Rocks candy
- Guitar shaped stickers
- Personalized favors like zipper pulls, bookmarks and stickers.
Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Rock Star Party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.