A Mermaid party is will delight little girls and a Little Mermaid Party is perfect for the child who loves the undersea adventures of Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian the crab! Order your Mermaid party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
Where to Have the Party
At your home; in the backyard; a local park with waterspouts; aquarium; swimming pool;
To make your own invitations, use a photo of Ariel or another mermaid and add wording like this: Swim on Over to [name]’s Birthday Party! Sea You There! Here’s a great way to deliver the invitations. First save empty plastic water bottles and remove the labels. Roll up the invitations and tie a piece of string around each one. Slide them inside the bottles, and leave the end of the string hanging out so the guests can easily pull the invitation out of the bottle.
Take a look at these personalized Mermaid Party invitations:
- Choose blue and green as the colors for streamers, balloons, and table covers. Lots of blue balloons will set the mood for an ocean party. Hang green streamers from the ceiling to resemble seaweed and use the blue balloons for bubbles.
- Hang a fish net and tuck in some sea shells and plastic ocean animals.
- Scatter lots of beach balls and clean sand pails throughout the party area.
- Use all the sea animal toys your child owns to decorate.
- Hand out flower leis to the guests and use extras as decorations.
- Tie a balloon to the back of each chair, and tie a group of five balloons to the birthday child’s chair.
- Fishing Game – Purchase a magnetic toy fishing pole with matching plastic fish. At the party, fill a large shallow tub with water that is tinted blue with food coloring. Scatter the magnetic fish in the water. Let the kids take turns with the fishing pole to try and catch a fish. Award a small prize like a sticker to everyone who catches a fish. Kids love this game!
- Mermaid Race – Tie a white garbage bag around each child’s waist and secure it with duct tape. Add more tape around the knees. Now they resemble mermaids. Ask the kids to lie on their belly for the race, and let them wiggle and squirm their way across the room to the finish line.
- Mermaid Treasure Hunt – Hide lots of white plastic pearls in the yard or a room in your house. Let the children go hunting for pearls.
- Sand in a Bottle – Buy small plastic bottles used for sand art at the craft store. You’ll also need a package of Pixie Stix for each guest. Let the children pour the pixie stix “sand” into the bottle to create different colored layers. Warn them that if they shake the bottle, the layers will disappear.
- Pasta Sea Shells – Use a package of dry pasta shells and let the guests paint them. Have glitter glue pens to help decorate the shells.
- Set up a Slip ‘N Slide in the yard.
- Sea Hunt – Hide lots of sea shells in a sandbox and let the guests dig to find them.
- Limbo – Play the music from Little Mermaid while the kids do the limbo. Sebastian’s song “Under the Sea” is perfect for this.
- Mermaid Craft
- As children arrive, let them color this free printable Mermaid coloring page while you wait for all the guests.
- Mermaid Finger Puppet Craft
- A matching Little Mermaid pinata is always a hit with the kids!
- Serve snacks in clean beach pails and sand castle molds.
- Hotdog Octopus – Every kid’s cookbook seems to include this cute recipe. Mine shows the hot dog served on a scoop of seashell pasta. Starting one inch from one end of a hot dog, slice it down to the other end. Take each of the two segments you just created and slice them into four legs, for a total of eight legs. Heat the hot dogs in boiling water to make the legs curl. Add two dots of mustard for eyes, and serve the octopus dogs.
- Goldfish crackers, of course.
- Blue jell-o with gummy fish mixed in.
- “Jellyfish” sandwiches using your favorite flavor of jelly.
- Fish sticks
- Fruit kabobs made with a seedless grape, strawberry and one marshmallow on a fancy pick.
- Any blue colored kids drink can be called “ocean water”.
- Buy a seashell cookie cutter to create the sandwiches, seashell cookies, and seashell Jell-O jigglers in blue and green.
- Make your own Little Mermaid cake with these easy directions from Family Fun.com.
- Another Mermaid cake design from Parenting.com.
Party guests will like Mermaid stickers, bubbles, a flower lei, bead necklace and a package of goldfish crackers.
Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Mermaid Party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies