Invite guests to fly on over for ladybug games using this Ladybug Party guide! Our party guide includes ladybug invitations, ladybug decorations and yummy ladybug snacks, lots of ladybug party games and cute ideas for ladybug party favors. A ladybug theme party is a good choice for toddler birthdays.
Ordering the Ladybug party supplies online will make the shopping chore much easier. It saves time and money to have the party ware and party favors delivered right to your home.
- Make balloon bunches from three red and two black balloons and anchor them in the party room.
- Give each child ladybug antennae to wear during the party. Purchase the Ladybug antennae or make some yourself with these directions.
- Decorate a wall with solid red and black paper plate “ladybug spots”.
- Make red flowers with black stems using these video instructions.
- Make and decorate Ladybug Houses. Buy a kit or use our easy directions.
- Musical Ladybugs – Before the party, cut lots of large green leaves from heavy green cardstock. This game is similar to musical chairs but instead tell the children to fly around the room like ladybugs when you play music. When the music stops they must quickly find a leaf to land on. If you choose to take away a leaf after each round, give out stickers when someone doesn’t have a leaf to land on. With toddlers, it’s better not to eliminate anyone from a game, so send everyone flying again when you re-start the music.
- Bug Hunt – Hide lots of plastic bugs in your yard or another room. If you can find ladybugs, even better! Send the children to find all the bugs and put them in their bug houses. Variation: First read “The Grouchy Ladybug” story and then send the children to find all the hidden bugs so they won’t be grouchy.
- Ladybug Stones – Collect a variety of smooth stones or buy some at a craft store. You will also need small paint brushes and red and black craft paint. Show the children how to paint a basic ladybug design on their stone with a black head, red body and black spots. A black permanent marker is easier for the kids to use when drawing the black spots. Allow the stones to dry and the children can take them home at the end of the party.
- Purchase live ladybugs from your local garden supply store and let the children release them in your yard.
- Pin the Ladybug on the Flower – Draw a large flower with big petals on poster board. Hand out ladybug stickers and let each child try to place it on a flower petal. Skip the blindfold with toddlers and just let them have fun placing their sticker.
- Ladybug Coloring Pages – Check out this list of free ladybug coloring pages. Print out enough copies for your guests, and provide crayons and markers.
- A matching ladybug piñata is always a hit with the kids!
- Serve food on red platters and bowls. Wrap the forks and spoons together in matching ladybug napkins. Then stack them in a plant pot that has been painted red with black pompoms glued onto it.
- Alternate pieces of red and black fruit on a pretty pick. Try small strawberries and watermelon balls for the red fruit and blackberries and dark purple grapes for the black fruit.
- Ladybug Apple Snack – Core apples and slice in half. Place one apple half with cut side down on plate and press chocolate chips into the skin to make the spots and two eyes. Add two pretzel sticks for antennae.
- Red and black jelly beans or red and black licorice twists served in a clear glass container.
- Ladybug Crackers recipe
- Apple-Raisin Ladybug Snack
- Candy ladybugs. These would look adorable on white lollipop sticks.
- Here is a photo of the Ladybug cake I made for my daughter using these directions from Family Fun. My version uses small pieces cut from a black straw as the antennae.
- Ladybug Cupcakes in two designs.
- Ladybug Cookies. Make these into lollipop cookies by sliding a wooden craft stick under the dough before baking. Use a red pot filled with Styrofoam and push all the lollipop cookies in to resemble a flower bouquet.
Choose fun party favors like a ladybug bean bag toy, ladybug stickers and ladybug coloring pages and present them in a red paper bag tied with black curling ribbon.
Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Ladybug Party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.