A Kitty Party is the purrr-fect theme for the child who love kittens and cats! Our kitty party guide will help you host a party that is sure to be the cat’s meow!
Order your Kitty party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
Popular Kitty Party Supplies:
- Start with matching kitty party supplies like plates, a centerpiece and a banner.
- Decorate with kitty paw prints wherever you can:
- Draw paw prints on the driveway with sidewalk chalk.
- Print a large cat paw print on pastel colored paper, print out lots of copies, and tape to the floor from your front door leading into the party room.
- Use dry erase markers on mirrors or windows.
- Gather all the kitty cat toys you own and group them together in a basket.
- Use paw print balloons mixed with colored balloons that coordinate with your other party supplies.
- Order a personalized banner to hang on the wall behind the food table.
- For these activities, each guest will need a small stuffed cat. You can ask them to bring their favorite toy cat to the party, or provide them yourself.
- Kitty Cat Collars – Before the party, cut strips of ribbon from a variety of designs. At the party, let each guest choose a ribbon and tie it around their cat’s neck as a collar. Help them tie the ribbon into a pretty bow.
- Kitty Cat Checkup – Set up a table as the Vet’s Office and let each child give their cat a checkup using a toy medical kit. If you have a small kitchen scale, bring it out so the kids can weigh their cat.
- Kitty Grooming Salon – At this table, have an empty bowl and hand towel along with an empty travel sized baby shampoo bottle. Let the guests give their cats a pretend bath (without using water). Next, have a baby hairbrush that they can use to groom their cat. And finally, provide small hair bows and pretty hair clips that the children can add to their cats hair or tail.
- Kitty Cats on Parade – After the guests have been to all the activity stations with their toy cats, let them each “present” their cat to the rest of the party guests. Each child should introduce their cat, tell its name and something special about their cat.
- Cat, Cat, Dog! – played just like Duck, Duck, Goose.
- Pin the Bow on the Kitty - Use a poster of a cat and lots of bows cut from construction paper.
- Who’s That Cat? – Before the party, find pictures of lots of cats that the children are likely to recognize, such as The Cat in the Hat, Hello Kitty, any of the cats from The Aristocats, Puss in Boots, Simba from the Lion King, the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, and Tigger. At the party, divide the children into two or more teams and show one picture at a time. Having teams will make it more likely that they can identify each picture.
- Kitty Cat Trivia Game – Click here for a terrific list of questions to use for a Kitty Trivia Game.
- Kitty Bake Shop – Before the party, make sugar cookies using a fish shaped cookie cutter. At the party, let the guests decorate the cookies with frosting and sprinkles.
- Coloring Pages – Check out this list of free kitty coloring pages. Just print out enough copies for your guests, and provide crayons and markers.
- And don’t forget a piñata!
Movies for Kids that Feature Cats:
- The Aristocats (rated G)
- That Darn Cat (rated G)
- Milo and Otis (rated G)
- Cats & Dogs (rated PG)
- The Three Lives of Thomasina (Disney film from 1964)
- Oliver and Company (Disney film from 1988)
- Use new, clean cat bowls to serve some of the food items.
- Goldfish crackers
- Tuna fish sandwiches
- Cheese pizza
- Cheese sticks or small cubes of cheese
- Brownies or cookies cut with a fish shaped cookie cutter
- Kitten Chow – Use your favorite recipe for cereal snack mix
- Gummy Fish candy
- Kitty Cat Cake Recipe – Use the directions at Betty Crocker.com to make this adorable cat cake, and frost in your child’s favorite color.
- Cat Cupcakes – Use the decorating instructions for these cat cupcakes from the Taste of Home website.
Choose fun party favors like:
- A small stuffed cat toy
- Kitty stickers
- Personalized favors like zipper pulls, bookmarks and stickers.
- Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Kitty party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.