When your child loves lions and tigers and all wild animals, it’s time for a Jungle Safari birthday party! This kids birthday party guide includes ideas for jungle animal party invitations, safari and animal party games, animal party favors and much more for a great jungle party. Order your animal party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
Where to have the party? In your back yard, a nearby park or the local zoo…where the kids can look at real animals.
Popular Animal Party Themes:
More Animal Party Guides: Ocean Party Puppy Party Barnyard Animals Party
- Choose green, yellow and orange as the colors for streamers, balloons, and table covers.
- Twist together several pieces of green streamer to make it look like a vine.
- Purchase jungle themed fabric and hang a curtain over the doorway into the party. Use another piece of the fabric as a tablecloth.
- Use several bunches of bananas and a safari hat as the centerpiece.
- Play a CD of rainforest sounds in the background to help set the mood.
- Place bunches of Animal Print Balloons around the party area. For each group of 5-7 balloons, use one animal mylar balloon with the cheaper latex balloons.
- Use all the jungle toys and stuffed animals your child owns to decorate the room.
- Link to photos of animals in Africa
- As children arrive, let them color this free printable jungle coloring page while you wait for all the guests.
- And for older kids, print out this Jungle Word Search Game.
- On Safari – Before the party, hide lots of small plastic animals and bugs in the yard (or another room if the party is indoors). Then send the guests on safari to hunt for all the hidden animals.
- Pretend Jungle Petting Zoo – Lay a blanket in one area of the room and set out stuffed animals to create your own petting zoo. Make a sign for the area saying “Jungle Zoo Animals”.
- Jungle Animal Charades – Put a sticker photo of a jungle animal on index cards and stack them with the blank side showing. Then have the guests take turns choosing a card and making sounds or actions like that animal while everyone tries to guess the animal.
- Pass the Tiger – Using a stuffed tiger, play this jungle variation on the classic Hot Potato game. Have players sit in a circle, and pass the tiger until the music stops. The player left holding the tiger when the music stops is out. Keep passing it until only one player is left.
- Monkey, Monkey, Tiger – The children sit in a circle and play this variation of “Duck, Duck, Goose.”
- Paper Plate Snakes – Cut the paper plates before the party, for younger guests. Then look over these directions that show how the finished snake will look.
- Jungle Safari Vests Craft – Use brown paper grocery bags and cut arm holes and a head hole in each. On the day of the party, let the children decorate their own safari vest using markers, crayons and other craft supplies.
- A matching piñata is always a hit with the kids!
- Using an animal mask kit will save time and entertain your safari hunters.
Honestly, kids will be having so much fun at this party that you don’t need to worry about food. They will devour whatever you serve! If you do want to tie in the animal theme, here are a few ways to do it:
- Lion Burgers – regular hamburgers.
- Snake Eggs – Green Grapes.
- Jungle Juice – Any colored children’s drink.
- Animal Crackers
- Animal Snack Mix – Mix together animal crackers, teddy grahams, M&M candies and tiny pretzels. Serve it inside colored ice cream cones (the kind with a flat bottom so they will stand up).
- Bugs on a Log – Fill celery with cream cheese dip or peanut butter and place a few raisins on top as the bugs.
I made this green snake cake for my 9 year old son and he loved it! It’s pretty easy because you just bake a bundt cake and cut it into three sections.
This shows a Tiger cake with directions.
Party guests will like safari hats, small binoculars, stuffed animals and animal stickers. Add a small box of animal crackers.
Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Animal Party favor sets.