Throw a Disco 70′s Party and relive the music of the 1970′s! Encourage everyone to wear 70′s style clothing to your disco party and hand out disco ball necklaces as guests arrive.
Order your Disco party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is the best time-saving tip because you avoid making trips to different stores.
- Beaded curtain over doorway
- A disco ball hanging from the ceiling
- Anything with the smiley face or the peace sign.
- Tye dyed items
- Lots of metallic colored balloon bunches
- A few lava lamps
- Disco ball centerpieces
- Plenty of disco music for atmosphere and/or dancing
- Fun disco music will be the best entertainment at your disco 70′s party. Include Donna Summer, Bee Gees, Kool and the Gang, the Village People, Sly and the Family Stone…search online and you’ll find plenty more!
- Hula hoop contest set to music – You’ll need lots of hula hoops so a big group can compete together. First have everyone begin using the hoops with music playing. Then call out different commands like stand on one foot, touch your head, or turn around. Anyone who drops their hula hoop is out. Keep playing until only one person is left and is the winner.
- Dance Elimination – All the guests begin dancing and the DJ stops the music and calls out a number. The guests must quickly put themselves into groups of that number, and anyone left without a group is out of the game. Continue dancing and calling out numbers until there are only two dancers left, and they both are the winners.
- Teach the kids a dance step from the 1970′s like the Hustle or the Bus Stop. Look up directions online if you need a reminder.
- Make flower wreaths to wear in their hair.
- Play a few rounds of Twister
- A matching piñata is always a hit with the kids!
Serve food that was popular in the 70’s like:
- Cocktail meatballs served with toothpicks
- Celery stuffed with peanut butter or cream cheese dip
- Chex mix
- Bugles, Ruffles and onion dip
- Fondue was popular, so include a chocolate dessert fondue with strawberries, chunks of pineapple, marshmallows and cubes of pound cake to dip.
- Dr. Pepper and 7-Up soda, Kool Aid, Tang, lemonade, and virgin daiquiris.
- Cupcakes frosted yellow with a smiley face design.
- Flower power cake design directions using the Wilton flower cake pan.
- Smiley Face cake design
- Disco ball earrings
- Peace sign necklace
- Tie dyed shirt
- Something else with a tie dye design
- Something with a yellow smiley face
- Or take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Disco party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.