Step right up for a Carnival Birthday Party! Invite your friends for games and prizes at the greatest birthday of the summer. Use our carnival party ideas to plan a super backyard party! Order the Carnival party supplies online to make the shopping chore easier. It saves time and money to have the party ware and party favors delivered right to your home.
- Use clip art of a clown or a circus tent and add wording such as “Admit One to [child’s name]’s Birthday Carnival!”
Or take a look at these personalized Carnival Party invitations:
- The best decorations are clusters of balloons and red striped fabric to cover all the game tables.
- Choose red, white and yellow as the colors for streamers and balloons.
- Hang a personalized carnival banner.
- Make centerpieces using popcorn boxes with balloons coming out of the top of each box.
- Hang this fabulous circus tent piñata!
- Play circus themed music.
- Gather stuffed animals together as if they are performing. Turn containers upside down and set a lion or elephant on top. Hang a stuffed monkey from a trapeze made from an empty paper towel tube and some rope.
- Prizes – Hand out tickets at each game and let the children trade their tickets for a prize at the end of the party. Set up a prize table with lots of little items and several larger prizes for kids who collect the most tickets. Large rolls of admission tickets are sold at office supply stores.
- Duck Pond – You’ll need a small wading pool and lots of rubber ducks. Use a permanent marker to print the number 1, 2, or 3 on the bottom of each duck. When the guests choose a duck from the pond, turn it over and give them tickets equal to the number on the duck.
- Clothespin Drop – you’ll need an empty jar with a wide opening and clothespins. The kids stand over the jar and try to drop the clothespins into the opening. Award tickets for each successful drop.
- Ring Toss – Fill empty 2 liter soda bottles about halfway with water so they won’t tip over. Use plastic rings and let the guests try to toss the rings over the top of the bottles. Use masking tape to mark where they should stand. Award tickets for every successful toss.
- Bowling – Use a small bowling set or empty soda bottles and a basketball. Let the guests try to knock down as many pins as possible with three throws. Give a ticket for each pin knocked down.
- Can Toss – Stack six empty cans in a pyramid shape. Use tennis balls and let the guests try to knock down the stack of cans. Award tickets.
- Lollipop Tree – You’ll need a green Styrofoam cone from the craft store and lots of lollipops. Use a blue marker to color the tip of some of the lollipop sticks, color just one lollipop red (for the grand prize) and leave the rest blank. Push all the lollipop sticks into the Styrofoam cone to create a tree shape. Let each guest choose one lollipop and look at their stick to see if it is colored. Give one ticket to all the blank lollipops, give 5 tickets to the blue lollipops and 20 tickets to whoever chooses the red one.
- Mini-Basketball – Use a kiddy basketball hoop and 3 small balls. Let each guest try to toss the 3 balls into the basketball hoop.
- Balloon Dart – Pin lots of balloons to a large piece of foam board and let the guests toss darts to try to pop them. (Ages 6 and up for this game!)
- Face Painting and Temporary Tattoos
- Balloon Animals – Purchase a balloon animal kit and have an adult make animals for the kids during the party.
- Candy Kissing Booth – Fill a jar with Hershey kisses and let guests try to guess how many are in the jar. Whoever comes closest wins the jar of candy. Set out pencils and slips of paper for this.
- Egg and Spoon Race – You will need hard boiled eggs and serving spoons. The object is to hold an egg in the spoon while the kids race. Whoever finishes the race without losing their egg wins
- Hot dogs or corn dogs
- Popcorn – Consider renting a popcorn maker for the day.
- Cotton candy
- Peanuts in the shell
- Caramel apples
- Snow Cones – Consider renting a snow-cone machine for the day.
- Soft pretzels
- Animal crackers
- Lemonade and soda
- Clown cupcakes from taste of home.com
- Monkey cupcakes
- Incredible Ferris Wheel candy covered cake from Parents.com!
Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Carnival Party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.