Kids love the Candyland board game and it makes a fun party theme, too! If your child loves sweets, throw a Candyland party for their big day! The inspiration for this party guide was a fantastic Candyland cake I saw in a cooking magazine…more on that later. Order your Candyland party supplies online to make shopping easy. This is one of the best time-saving tips because you avoid making trips to different stores.
- Use sidewalk chalk or construction paper to create a path (like the path in the Candyland game) on the sidewalk leading to your door.
- Make large fake lollipops to line the walkway. See an example here.
- Use inspiration from the game:
- Mr. Mint = candy canes. Decorate with large cutouts decorated like candy canes (often sold as Christmas decorations.)
- Princess Lolly: Make a lollipop wreath to hang on your door. See an example here.
- Lord Licorice: Twist together red and black streamers and add a large bunch of red and black balloons.
- Gumdrop Mountain – Provide lots of gumdrops and toothpicks and see who can build a gumdrop mountain.
- Peppermint Forest Hunt – Hide lots of candy canes (or round peppermint candies) in the yard or another room. Send the kids out to find as many as they can.
- Make candy airplanes using these directions.
- Make their own candy cane craft using these easy craft directions.
- Coloring Pages – Check out this list of free Candyland coloring pages. Just print out enough copies for your guests, and provide crayons and markers.
- Let the kids decorate cupcakes with lots of different candies.
- Print copies of this candy word search and set a timer for a few minutes. See who can find the most words before the timer rings.
- Cut jam sandwiches with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. Arrange a fruit platter by color to resemble a rainbow.
- Set up a candy buffet with pretty glass containers. Fill them with candy like licorice whips, gumdrops, lollipops, candy canes and chocolate.
- Use licorice whips as drinking straws.
- Make your own Candyland cake with these directions. This is the cake that inspired me to write this party guide!! It’s fantastic.
- Here’s a cute idea for making a tower of Candyland cupcakes.
- More cute ideas for making Candyland cupcakes.
Choose fun party favors like:
- Candy items from the game: candy cane, gingerbread man cookie, lollipops, gumdrops, peanut brittle, cotton candy and chocolate.
- Candy necklaces and ring pops
- Silly straws
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Personalized favors like zipper pulls, bookmarks and stickers.
- Take the work out of planning the favor bags by ordering complete Candyland party favor sets.
Take a look at our ideas for using personalized party supplies.